Southfield Young Professionals
Southfield Young Professionals
What is SYP?
Southfield Young Professionals (SYP) is the place for young professionals, under the age of 40, to meet and connect with other young professionals in the area, while also learning professional and leadership skills from the industry’s top talent. SYP is dedicated to maintaining regional vast and varied relationships, developed by the Southfield Chamber, and providing access to its network of business partners and members to create a connected business community of all ages and stages of professional growth. It is our passion to help develop the next generation of leaders by making Southfield an attractive place for young professionals to live, work, network, learn and play.
- Membership is open to anyone in their 20s and 30s who share a passion for growing both personally and professionally while building lasting business contacts and relationships.
- Cost for Southfield Chamber members is free. For non-member individuals, SYP membership is $50 for the year or $300 for non-member corporations.
- Access to other young professionals under the age of 40 in the region, in addition to the Southfield Chamber’s diverse network of relationships and industries.
- Exposure to the insight of some of the region’s top minds in business.
- Professional and leadership development opportunities at quarterly events featuring regional leaders. Past meetings have included: Professional development with Sandler Training and motivational speaker DeAndre Carter author of Demanding Greatness.
- Subscription to the SYP bi-monthly newsletter, which includes SYP news, updates and member-only information.
- Admittance to the SYP Facebook Group to connect and interact with other young professionals in the area outside of SYP events and programming.
- Access to SYP membership networking database for impactful, lasting relationships.
- Exclusive membership pricing on select SYP events, such as after-hours mixers, activities at Adventure Park and other outdoor activities, BBQ's and more.
- Ten percent off University of Phoenix non-credit professional development courses.
- Additional member-only discounts and incentives - TBD.
How to Become a Member:
Activities & Events
Professional Development Seminars: Gain exposure and access to some of the region’s top leaders, in addition to your peers, through learning-based professional and leadership development meetings.
Networking Events: Enjoy weekly after-hours networking events with other young professionals, under the age of 40, at local establishments throughout Southfield. Engage in great conversation, hors d’oeuvres, drinks and more.
Service-based Opportunities: Give back to the community through various volunteer opportunities throughout the Greater Southfield Area. These team-oriented opportunities can include, but are not limited to: Donating time at Habitat for Humanity to build homes for those in need, assisting with food donations to help fight hunger and creating a fundraising/walk team for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
SYP sponsorship opportunities are available to members of the Southfield Area Chamber of Commerce. For additional information contact Tanya Markos-Vanno at 248.557.6661 or email@example.com.
Social Media Sites: www.facebook.com/groups/southfieldYP
The Chamber Website: The website allows members of the SYP to register for events, stay up to date on Chamber events, check out the Chamber’s latest initiatives and learn more about the Chamber in general. Visit the Chamber website at www.SouthfieldChamber.com.
Questions and Comments: For additional information, please contact the Southfield Area Chamber 248.557.6661.
SYP Sponsored by:Scheduled Activities:Community Service ProjectStuff a BackpackAugust 2017UNDERWAY!Kick-Ball SocialSeptember 22nd 4-6 PMAfterhours SocialOct 26th 5:30 PMLocation TBDCommunity Service ProjectWorld Medical ReliefNov 5th 12:00-3:00 PM
Lunch will be servedContact us to volunteer firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair, Brooke Robertson, Drury HotelsCo-Chair, Devon Dallo, Comfort SuitesMaurice Miller, Mass Mutual Great LakesChristina Hall, Michigan Eyecare InstituteLaura Garman, Health Alliance PlanTamara Duby-Sheahan, HAPJoseph Byers, Vibe Credit Union