Peer Group and Chamber Committees
Coming Soon! Contact us if you are interested, 248.557.6661 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting: 1st Thursday/Month, 3:00-4:00pm at Chamber Office
Time: 1-3 Hours/Month
- 1 hour/month is requested for the committee meeting
- Time outside of the meeting is based on tasks and assignments determined at the meeting
The Member Advocacy committee team will keep the member business community informed of important issues through newsletters, policy reports, political events and policy committee meetings. They will establish agendas and actively educate Southfield Area Chamber members and the community on the impact that government decisions can have on a community. The committee will advocate for the best interests of the Chamber Member and community in critical decisions by government entities.
Primary Goals and Activities:
- Identify a priority list of issues that will be tracked. The priority is established through committee discussions and input from local business leaders and owners.
- Pursue dialogue with local, regional and state legislators. Based on those discussions, provide businesses with relevant information to help them navigate future decisions.
- Track legislation that impacts chamber members and inform the membership of potential changes or creation of new laws.
- Create useful and meaningful forums for discussion and understanding members’ views on the issues/proposed legislation
- Create regular policy newsletter with links to any key policy articles/legislation
How to get involved:
Interested volunteers should inquire to the committee chair or co-chair.