The Southfield Area Chamberof Commerce continues to actively follow the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and we are evaluating actions daily to best identify how to serve you. We will continue working to connect you with important information and resources, including best practices for businesses, to mitigate the impact of the crisis on your business and employees.
Additionally, we are working on evaluating future programming and events to ensure the safety of our members, community and partners. Further communication regarding upcoming events will be extended as soon as possible. You can find the latest information and stay up to date on www.cityofsouthfield.com
Both Ascension Providence and Beaumont Healthcare are actively working to keep our communities informed about the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19.
CARES Act Resources
- SBDC: Supporting Small Business During COVID-19
- Summary of Bipartisan Agreement on “CARES” Act
- Small Business Guidance & Loan Resource
Michigan Financial Resources
- Information on the Michigan Small Business Relief Program
- Resources and support for businesses during the Covid-19 crisis
- Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity- Pure Michigan Talent Connect
- Oakland County MichiganWorks! - Southfield Office
- Southfield Area Chamber of Commerce - Job page
- Executive Order from Governor’s Office: Temporary Expansions on Unemployment Eligibility & Cost-Sharing
Essential Business Guidance & Executive Order Links
Business Resources & Best Practices
- The Jaffe Law Firm's Business Owner’s Guide
- The Jaffe Law Firm's Employer’s Guide
- The Jaffe Law Firm's PPP Loan Forgiveness Guide
- Red Level's Free App to Help Your Workforce Get Back To Work
- Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act and Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act
- 6 Feet Office Space - COVID 19 Design for Business Offices
- Jaffe Law Firm's COVID-19 & CONTRACTS
- Family Business Alliance
- Michigan COVID-19 Business Response Cent
- Virtual Leadership Training: Leading in a Crisis
- CDC Guide for Business and Employers
- U.S. Department of Labor Health & Safety Topics
- Webinar reguarding Michigan Online Global Programs & Grants
- Webinar regarding Coronavirus from the U.S. Chamber
- Pandemic preparedness
- World Health Organization hand washing guide
- Comcast Offering ‘Internet Essentials’ Package for Low-Income Households
- Steps Taken by Sprint to Assist Customers
Restaurants Open for Carryout
Previous Webinar Events
"Marketing Mastermind - Clarity 101" Hosted by Blue Mountain Business Coaching
Featuring Steve Lover
Friday, July 20th, 2020 | 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
"Business Leadership Post COVID-19"
Featuring Dr. Lee E. Meadows
Friday, July 26th, 2020 | 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Double Your Sales Webinar Webinar
Featuring Jon Dwoskin, and Brenda Meller
Friday, June 5th, 2020 | 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
MEDC International Trade Overview / Goldman Sacs 10,000 Small Business Overview Webinar
Featuring Alyssa Tracey, and Paul Jones
Thursday, May 29th, 2020 | 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
How to Utilize Facebook to Grow Your Business Webinar
Featuring Allonte Taylor
wednesday, May 27th, 2020 | 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Future Planning and Preparing Webinar
Featuring Alvin Lynn III, and Sheila Byrd
Thursday, May 21st, 2020 | 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Link to the video
Reshaping Your Office presented by RightSize
Featuring Nick Weise, and Steve Anderson
Friday, May 18th, 2020 | 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
How to Podcast from Home
Featuring Robin Kinnie, MotorCity Women Studio
Friday, May 8th, 2020 | 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
The Stimulus Money and Beyond
Featuring ELE Wealth Management and ELE-Peagler LLC
Monday, May 4th, 2020 | 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Effective Tools to be Productive While Working Remotely
Featuring John Dwoskin
Friday, April 28th, 2020 | 12:30 – 130 p.m.
The Greatest Cheat Sheet for Adaptability
Featuring Dr. Esther Jackson
Friday, April 17th, 2020 | 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Virtual Meetings, Working and Connecting Successfully
Featuring Andrea Fleischfresser, CPCC- PCC
Friday, April 13th, 2020 | 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Chamber 101/Oakland County One Stop for Business
Featuring Maurice Miller, and Greg Doyle
Friday, April 10th, 2020 | 11:30 – 1:00 p.m.
Are any events cancelled?
After careful consideration, and in light of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments, we are postponing upcoming events and programming that is currently scheduled through May 28th, 2020. Rescheduling programming will enable us to provide the experience that our members, community, and partners deserve in a safe environment. If you are currently registered for any events and programming in the upcoming weeks, you will receive an email communication specifically for that event, along with any refund information.
We remain excited to host you later this year and will get back to you with more information on specific date updates in the coming weeks as we continue to monitor the situation.
Please take a moment to send feedback if you have any questions regarding your registration(s), or your Southfield Area Chamberof Commerce membership. Your voice matters, and we care about your feedback and experience.
We look forward to hosting you in the future. Stay healthy!
The Southfield Area Chamberof Commerce knows businesses like yours may also be experiencing unexpected challenges, and we’re committed to providing as much support as possible. Please reach out to our team members with specific questions or needs:
Business Services and General Inquiry: Jasmine Patton, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Child Care and Education:
- Federal and Local Government Issues:
- SBA Loans and MEDC:
- Retail Support: